Most commercial bug away spray or repellent contains harmful chemicals to your body and the environment. One of the main reasons why you should be making your own insect repellent is that you will know exactly what’s inside.
Instead of wasting your money on buying bug away sprays and bug repellent that sometimes works, you can try these DIY bug sprays that are foolproof and won’t cause harm to the insects you’re trying to avoid.
How to prepare Bug Away Spray
- 4oz fresh Catnip tincture (95% alcohol)
- 4oz Witch Hazel extract
- 80 drops organic Citronella essential oil
- 80 drops organic Eucalyptus essential oil
- 40 drops organic Lavender essential oil
- 20 drops organic Rosemary essential oil
- 10 drops organic Lemongrass essential oil
- 10 drops organic Lemon essential oil
Use a 8oz spray bottle to mix all ingredients in and shake well before using. You can reapply as often as needed.
Source: Mountain Rose Herbs